1. Reduce paper usage by making discarded paper into scratch pads and using double-sided copying.
2. Install recycling bins for office paper, cans, bottles, newspapers and other wastes appropriate for your office.
3. Recycle fax machine and copier cartridges.
4. Upgrade your lighting by installing energy-efficient T8 lamps with electronic ballasts.
5. Use motion sensor light switches or switches on a timer.
6. Purchase energy-efficient computers, copiers and other equipment for your office.
7. Purchase products that are recyclable and contain recycled content, such as writing pens and copier paper.
8. Use double-sided copies.
9. Print marketing materials (whenever possible) on recycled paper using soy-based ink.
10. Promote electronic distribution instead of printed handouts to reduce paper usage.
11. Do not use direct mailing lists that have not been maintained. A mailing list more than 2 years old is usually unreliable.